on BMO’s website
World travelers want a card that offers a good return in air miles and comprehensive travel perks, and with the BMO World Elite Mastercard, you’ll earn more points on travel, dining, entertainment, and everyday purchases, as well as enjoy a bevy of travel benefits. Plus, get benefits and special offers to popular apps and digital subscription services. Get access to over 1 million Wi-Fi hotspots around the world – all at no added cost, and no added fees or roaming charges.
When you sign up, they’ll waive the first year’s $150 annual fee and you can get up to 30,000 welcome points. You’ll get 25,000 points when you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months plus 5,000 points on your first anniversary, and the $150 annual fee waived in the first year.
Annual Fee: $150
Min. Income Required: $80,000 annual personal income or $150,000 annual household income.
Interest Rates: 20.99% (21.99% for Quebec residents, Cash advance 22.99%)
Rewards Rate: 3 BMO Rewards points for every $1 spent on eligible purchases, and 2 BMO Rewards points for every $1 spent on all other purchases
Additional Card: $50
Comprehensive Travel Benefits
The BMO World Elite Mastercard is loaded with travel perks and benefits, and you’ll also get peace of mind with purchase protection and a bevy of built in security features to protect against fraud and identity theft.
Other travel benefits include:
- No caps or limits on Rewards earning
- Free membership and roadside assistance with DAA
- Complimentary membership to Mastercard Airport Experiences with VIP access (provided by LoungeKey) + get 4 annual complimentary passes.
- Complementary LoungeKey passes for friends and family
- Complimentary food and beverages in over 850 VIP lounges worldwide
- Up to $2 million in free out of province/out of country emergency medial protection
- Free collision damage waiver on rental cars
- Free purchase protection against theft or damage for 180 days
More Rewards Points Potential
Earn bonus rewards when you spend specific categories, like dining, travel, and entertainment, and earn even more BMO Rewards on everyday purchases on the primary card as well as on supplementary cards.
- Spend $2,500 monthly on card purchases and earn $450 cash back annually.
- Unlimited BMO Rewards with no caps, tiers, or categories, and no limit on the amount of BMO Rewards you can earn.
- Easy Rewards redemption process with earnings automatically added to your statement each month.
- Earn additional BMO Rewards points for purchases charged to Supplementary Cards.
The BMO World Elite Mastercard is a nice choice for Canadian travelers seeking a good Rewards rate and Elite travel perks.
On top of the unlimited BMO Rewards benefit, here’s a list of other freebies you get with this card:
- Free Emergency Travel Insurance
- Free DAA Roadside Assistance
- Free Purchase Protection
- Free Rental Car Collision Coverage
- Free BMO Concierge Service
- Free Rental Car Collision/Damage Insurance
- Free Personal Effects Theft/Damage Protection
- Free VIP Mastercard Airport Experiences
With its high earning potential and a host of travel perks, benefits, and discounts, the BMO World Elite Mastercard offers travelers all the benefits of a top-tier every day bank card with exceptional travel perks and a high return rate that stands out from the competition.
With a nice welcome bonus, waived annual fee for the first year, and the comprehensive travel protection and security features you’d expect from an international credit card, Canadian travelers will do well to give this card strong consideration.