on American Express’ website
For decades, thousands of travelers have relied on American Express as their preferred travel charge card. The new American Express Gold Rewards is specifically designed with the world traveler in mind, offering a slew of built-in travel rewards and perks.
American Express is offering new cardmembers a welcome bonus of up to 25,000 Membership Rewards points on their first $1,500 in purchases to the card over the first 3 months of card membership.
Annual Fee: $150
Eligibility: A Canadian resident with a Canadian credit file. Of the age of majority in the province or territory where you reside.
Interest Rates: 0% if monthly balance paid in full, 30% on unpaid balances.
Rewards Rate: Earn 2 points for every $1 in Card purchases on travel and everyday purchases, earn 1 point for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
Additional Card: $0 for the first additional card, and $50 for each card thereafter.
Exceptional Travel Benefits
The American Express Gold Rewards Card is loaded with perks and benefits for international travelers. Cardmembers receive access to exclusive benefits at over 600 participating hotels and resorts in over 30 countries when booking a minimum of two consecutive nights online with American Express Travel.
These travel benefits include:
- Up to $100 USD hotel credit on qualifying hotel amenities charged to the room, such as dining, spa, golf and other hotel facilities
- Complimentary room upgrade at check-in
- Hertz Car Rental upgrade
- Trip interruption insurance
- Car rental theft and damage insurance
- Lost or stolen baggage insurance
- Flight delay insurance
- $500,000 in Travel Accident Insurance
With Amex, you can earn extra points on travel, recurring purchases, and points on all other purchases you make using the card. You can redeem your Amex Rewards points to pay for eligible purchases on your card or use points to book international flights with the Fixed Points Travel Program.
- Earn 2 points for every $1 in Card purchases at eligible gas stations, grocery stores and drugstores in Canada.
- Earn 2 points for every $1 in Card purchases for eligible travel purchases, such as flights, hotels, car rentals, cruises, and amenities.
- Earn 1 point for every $1 in Card purchases everywhere else.
- Earn 1 additional Membership Rewards point for every $1 you charge to your card on international hotel and car rental bookings make with American Express Travel.
- Front Of The Line Advance Access
- Front Of The Line Reserved Tickets
- Front Of The Line E-Updates
- Special Offers & Experiences for all Cardmembers
The American Express Gold Rewards Card is a fine choice for Canadian travelers who want a zero-interest charge card with all the elite travel perks that come with being an Amex member.
On top of the excellent travel reward benefits, here are some other extras you get with this card:
- 24/7 Access to American Express Travel
- Emergency Card Replacement
- Fraud Protection Guarantee
- Online Account Management
- No Pre-Set Spending Limit on Purchases
- Buyer’s Assurance Protection Plan
- Purchase Protection Plan
- Access to Amex Invites
With world-class brand recognition and service, the American Express Gold Rewards cards offers travelers a best-in-class zero-interest charge card, that offers the flexibility to pay over time if you need it.
American Express built their brand on the phrase, “Don’t Leave Home Without It,” and that phrase seems to still resonate with Canadians who want to travel with an internationally recognized card that offers zero interest and carries some of the best travel perks and benefits in the marketplace.